Monday, January 7, 2008

I hate situps

For the last few months, every time I go to the gym and do situps, I end up in excruciating pain. This isn't like the kind of pain you get when the late-night cook at Los Betos forgets that eggshells don't go in the burrito along with the egg but you decide to eat it anyway; we're talking real pain here. It usually hits after about the 11th situp or so. I'll be minding my own business, pretending to be heavily focused on my workout but really trying to subtly check out the hot chick stretching next to me (it really sucks when she's behind me, because there's no way to be subtle about turning your head 180 degrees in the middle of a situp).

Anyway, I'll get to that 11th situp or so, and I'll feel a pinch. I'll try to do one or two more, then pause, and then it comes full force. At this point I generally fall off of my exercise ball onto the floor, clutching Lefty, and lie in the fetal position for 30 seconds or so. My buddy assures me that it's not normal and that I should see a doctor, but I think I'm just feeling the burn.

Just thought I'd share. Off to lunch #2 at Rubio's! (It's someone's birthday at work so I'm going a little fancier than usual.)

Cheers,
Lien

2 comments:

Cyber Babs said...

The Rubio's is too far! Remember, we go to the Baja Fresh on University. They have the Smoky Queso Fundido and the best burritos in the world. None of that candyass Chipotle's bullshit. Real men eat at Baja Fresh (and Rubio's time allowing. But seriously, driving all the way to Chandler blvd when Baja is right there... Los Betos must be falling behind again after that mercury poisoning mishap... Or was that choleric dysentery?)!!!

Regardless, I miss having two lunches. And I miss Neil.

Sigh...

Lien Lakass said...

I don't know who this Neil guy is, but if he likes eating two lunches, he's alright in my book (unless he's one of those a-holes that takes too long in the Baja Fresh line - burrito dos manos and move on, dude!)