Tuesday, December 18, 2012

My love of leftovers

Hello old friends,

You may have wondered where I've been for the last few years. Let me explain...

It was around midnight, which as you all know is just a fancy word for 4th-meal-time. I went stumbling down the stairs to make a mad dash for the nearest T-Bell. Normally I'm like a ninja in my house, dodging empty food wrappers and computer parts left and right. In my haste to obtain sustenance (it had been an hour since my last taco), I forgot about that damn chorizo grease on the bottom stair. You know how the rest goes: I slip on the stair, slide into an entertianment center, get trapped underneath, and spend the next few years surviving on half-eaten burritos strewn around that part of my living room.

My faithful readers may be raising an eyebrow at this point. "Half-eaten?" you say. "That term has never entered your vocabulary."

Wrong you are, young Padawan. Of the many Jedi life lessons I have bestown on you, let me share one of my most closely guarded ones. Now, I can only show you the door on this one. You're the one that has to walk through it.

Why order just one burrito when you can have two?

As it happens, Fili-B's is more than happy to wrap a second burrito for you to go. After you swallow the first burrito whole, you can use the second as a drive-home snack. Sometimes you finish the whole thing. Other times you leave it partially completed for later consumption. This is the magic of the second burrito.

- Lien

1 comment:

Neil K. said...

Poetry. Sheer poetry. And magic.